AskLasikDocs Homepage

Google

Go Back   AskLasikDocs > Ask questions about surgery and healing > Night vision problems
FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2007, 01:48 PM

Alternative to Alphagan?

I have been prescribed Alphagan for my night vision problems. It works great but it really bothers my eyes, so much so that I would rather not use it and have a hard time seeing. Is there anything else that does the same thing but won't bother my eyes so bad?
Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2007, 12:58 PM

If you've just had your lasik procedure, we need to give you time to heal. If it has been several months or years perhaps consider these alternatives:

Make sure you are using the 0.1% concentration of the Alphagan as this may reduce some of the irritation that a few patients may experience. Also, consider using quality artifical tears (Optive, Systane, Refresh preservative-free or Bion or Thera tears preservative-free) before and after the alphagan to reduce your symptoms.

Another alternative to consider is perhaps having a pair of glasses with the anit-reflective coating. This may help especially while driving at night.

There is another medication called pilocarpine that sometimes can be used. But this too is an off label use of the medication and needs to be discussed in detail with your surgeon.

Good luck
(310) 543-2611
www.wolstaneye.com